- Lexaria Nutraceutical Corp. will keep Lexaria’s overall strategy of maximizing the company’s patented DehydraTECH(TM) technology in various markets, excluding pharmaceutical, nicotine, and cannabis molecules
- Lexaria Pharmaceutical Corp.’s licensing was amended so as to solely focus on pharmaceutical formulations excluding nicotine
- Lexaria announced in early May that its nicotine trial, NIC-H22-1, had completed dosing with results expected in the near future
- NIC-H22-1 is anticipated to intercede the oral nicotine pouch market, which had a global value of $2.33 billion in 2020, and is expected to grow to $21.84 billion by 2027
Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX, LEXXW), a global innovator in drug delivery platforms, recently announced the incorporation of a new wholly-owned subsidiary under the name Lexaria Nutraceutical Corp. (LEXX Nutra). LEXX Nutra will keep with Lexaria’s overall strategy of maximizing the company’s patented DehydraTECH(TM) technology in various markets. Lexaria has issued an exclusive, perpetual license to LEXX Nutra, allowing the use of DehydraTECH to create consumer packaged goods and/or intermediate ingredients composed of molecular compounds except those associated with nicotine or cannabis (https://ibn.fm/jZ9lF).
LEXX Nutra is also prohibited from using the licensing agreement for the manufacturing of any pharmaceutical product. Lexaria’s other wholly-owned subsidiary, Lexaria Pharmaceutical Corp. (LEXX Pharma), has had its licensing amended so that its sole focus is on manufacturing pharmaceutical products composed of any molecule except nicotine-associated molecules.
Lexaria additionally announced at the beginning of May that its human oral nicotine study, NIC-H22-1, has completed dosing. Data amalgamation and analysis have been ongoing, and Lexaria expects to be able to release results in the coming weeks. NIC-H22-1 is a human pharmacokinetic randomized, double-blinded, cross-over study conducted in a minimum of 36 human volunteers that currently smoke cigarettes. The global oral nicotine pouch market was valued at $2.33 billion in 2020 and is growing at a CAGR of 30.7%, expected to result in a value of $21.84 billion by 2027 (https://ibn.fm/W4wPf).
Lexaria is focused on the ongoing research and development efforts of product candidates across multiple segments, including hypertension, oral nicotine, antivirals, epilepsy, human hormones, PDE5 inhibitors, and more. The company’s DehydraTECH was designed to formulate and deliver fat-soluble drugs and active pharmaceutical ingredients to increase effectiveness and improve how active pharmaceutical ingredients enter the bloodstream. The major benefits of ingesting a DehydraTECH-enabled drug or consumer product include the following:
- A faster delivery time, with effects felt in minutes
- Increased bioavailability, with more of the drug entering the bloodstream
- Increased brain absorption, with animal testing that suggests a significant improvement in the quantity of the drug being delivered across the blood-brain barrier
- Improved drug potency, with more of the ingested product being made available to the body, requiring lower dosages for the desired outcome
- Reduced drug administration costs, with lower dosages, meaning less cost overall
- The masking of unwanted tastes, which eliminates the use of unnecessary sweeteners
DehydraTECH is covered by 35 granted patents, with several pending worldwide, with more granted patents anticipated in the future. Lexaria’s DehydraTECH is suitable for a wide range of product formats – including pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, consumer packaged goods, and over-the-counter capsules, pills, tablets, and oral suspensions. The new incorporation of LEXX Nutra will allow the wholly-owned subsidiary to utilize DehydraTECH, or sublicense the use of DehydraTECH in various markets.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/LEXX
TinyGems is your guide to the best and brightest in the under-appreciated small-cap sector. As one of 50+ brands within the InvestorBrandNetwork (“IBN”), TinyGems provides: (1) access to a network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets; (3) enhanced press release solutions to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to reach millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. It’s time to uncover some of the best-kept secrets on Wall Street. TinyGems features innovative small-cap companies with huge potential, putting a spotlight on the best and brightest of these disruptors that have the technology, the talent, the drive, and the business models to make a huge impact in the markets and in portfolios. Whether it’s a game changing technology, a new more profitable product or service, or a star in a hot sector, TinyGems is the go-to source for actionable intelligence.
To receive SMS text alerts from TinyGems, text “Gems” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.TinyGems.com
TinyGems is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork