- Lexaria’s latest peer-reviewed publications were published in June 2023 in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Advances in Therapy, and Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy
- Lexaria’s eight peer-reviewed publications support the company’s pursuit of launching an FDA-registered IND program to formally investigate DehydraTECH(TM)-CBD for hypertension
- The global cardiovascular drug market was worth $146.5 billion and is expected to reach $173.5 billion in 2026 – making patent protection crucial in commercial markets
- To date, Lexaria has a robust intellectual property portfolio with 34 patents granted and many more pending worldwide
Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator in drug delivery platforms, recently announced the publishing of its groundbreaking research utilizing DehydraTECH(TM)-processed cannabidiol (DehydraTECH-CBD) in eight peer-reviewed articles in six different publications. Since 2016, the company’s patented DehydraTECH(TM) technology has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to increase bio-absorption with cannabinoids, antiviral drugs, PDE5 inhibitors, and more.
These publications build on Lexaria’s growing body of peer-reviewed literature developed on the company’s leading research into the effects of DehydraTECH-CBD on human health, including indications such as hypertension. The most recent paper is entitled, “Differences in Plasma Cannabidiol Concentrations in Women and Men: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Study,” which was published in June 2023 in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences (https://ibn.fm/DOLxN).
“We’re proud of the impressive amount of research that our company has been able to develop through its HYPER-H21 series of clinical studies that has now been assessed by a variety of our respected peers,” said John Docherty, President of Lexaria (https://ibn.fm/5zp9P). “Lexaria is establishing itself as one of the world’s leaders in the investigation of cannabidiol for the purposes of controlling human blood pressure, and we are now focused on launching an FDA-registered IND program to formally investigate DehydraTECH-CBD for hypertension this year.”
Additional publications include the following, which are also available at PubMed:
- September 2019, “Examination of a New Delivery Approach for Oral Cannabidiol in Healthy Subjects,” published in the journal Advances in Therapy (https://ibn.fm/36rvQ)
- June 2022, “Chronic Effects of Effective Oral Cannabidiol Delivery on 24-h Ambulatory Blood Pressure and Vascular Outcomes in Treated and Untreated Hypertension (HYPER-H21-4): Study Protocol for Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, and Crossover Study,” published in the Journal of Personalized Medicine (https://ibn.fm/B9vW8)
- April 2023, “Trial of a Novel Oral Cannabidiol Formulation in Patients with Hypertension,” published in Pharmaceuticals (https://ibn.fm/HDhBE)
- April 2023, “Chronic Effects of Oral Cannabidiol Delivery on 24-h Ambulatory Blood Pressure in Patients with Hypertension,” published in Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research (https://ibn.fm/2kmuK)
- April 2023, “CBD supplementation reduces arterial blood pressure via modulation of the sympatho-chromaffin system,” published in Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy (https://ibn.fm/S2k56)
- June 2023, “The Influence of Oral Cannabidiol on 24-h Ambulatory Blood Pressure and Arterial Stiffness in Untreated Hypertension,” published in Advances in Therapy (https://ibn.fm/KVM9x)
- June 2023, “Effects of CBD supplementation on ambulatory blood pressure and serum urotensin-II concentrations in Caucasian patients with essential hypertension,” published in Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy (https://ibn.fm/tsXZe)
The global cardiovascular drug market was worth $146.5 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach $173.5 billion in 2026 (https://ibn.fm/Xmz4z). By region, North America is the biggest market in the world, making US patent protection necessary in the pursuit of commercial markets. The fields of diabetes and heart disease are broad but emerging markets making them two primary areas of interest for Lexaria – where DehydraTECH-CBD has already generated positive study data. Lexaria operates a licensed in-house research laboratory and holds a robust intellectual property portfolio with 34 patents granted and many more pending worldwide.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/LEXX
TinyGems is your guide to the best and brightest in the under-appreciated small-cap sector. As one of 50+ brands within the InvestorBrandNetwork (“IBN”), TinyGems provides: (1) access to a network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets; (3) enhanced press release solutions to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to reach millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. It’s time to uncover some of the best-kept secrets on Wall Street. TinyGems features innovative small-cap companies with huge potential, putting a spotlight on the best and brightest of these disruptors that have the technology, the talent, the drive, and the business models to make a huge impact in the markets and in portfolios. Whether it’s a game changing technology, a new more profitable product or service, or a star in a hot sector, TinyGems is the go-to source for actionable intelligence.
To receive SMS text alerts from TinyGems, text “Gems” to 888-902-4192 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.TinyGems.com
TinyGems is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork